Teddington and Hammersmith (split location role)
In this role you can really make a difference for disabled people living in the Richmond and Hammersmith & Fulham Boroughs. Leading two teams, you will manage the delivery of the Direct Payment (DP) Support Service for over 700 people across the 2 boroughs.
Employed by Ruils, working in partnership with Action on Disability (AoD), you will be responsible for the management of the DP Support Service, assisting clients to choose and set up care arrangements, including direct employment of Personal Care Assistants, and the provision of payroll and managed account services in Richmond.
Main duties include:
- Overseeing, managing and promoting the DP Support Services in Richmond and Hammersmith & Fulham.
- Managing and supporting the two teams of Independent Living Advisors and payroll and managed account administrators to ensure that they provide person-centred, accurate support and guidance to DP clients.
- Working with commissioners and social work teams to ensure they have relevant knowledge and understanding of DP processes to make appropriate referrals.
- Recording and providing timely, accurate and concise information and reports as required by commissioners, partners and Boards of trustees.
- Supporting and facilitating DP client peer support groups and initiatives.
- Operating a small case load of DP clients at times of high demand.
You will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience of Direct Payments Support (including recruiting Personal Care Assistants).
- At least 2 years’ experience of managing projects and/or services including setting targets & managing project delivery and performance.
- Good experience of advising, enabling and supporting disabled adults.
- Experience of managing and motivating staff teams to produce work of a high standard.
- Experience of managing contracts and working to Key Performance Indicators.
- Experience of managing budgets.
We actively encourage applications from disabled people and people with long term health and mental conditions. We operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme in that we will guarantee an interview to all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the post. Please state in a cover letter if you wish us to consider you for this guaranteed interview scheme.
Please apply in writing with a cover letter stating your current salary and how you meet the above requirements.
Closing date: 19th June 2021