Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne is seeking a motivated and committed volunteer for the role of Clerk & Company Secretary to the Trustee Board.
Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne provides advice to over 4000 people a year, helping them with over 12,000 different problems including housing, debt, benefits and employment. We have a small professional team working alongside 35 volunteers to provide advice across Runnymede and Spelthorne. We are a local charity at the heart of our community entirely funded by grants and donations, and we are a member of national Citizens Advice.
This is a key role where you will provide advice and guidance to the Trustee Board on governance and contribute towards the efficient functioning of the Trustee Board. As the Clerk to Trustees you will work closely with the Trustee Board and Chief Officer drafting agendas, taking minutes and ensuring the Board complies with charity law and regulation.
We are looking for someone keen to gain experience working with a board of directors or wanting to learn more about charity law. Knowledge/experience of Citizens Advice is not essential.
Key requirements for the role:
- A commitment to the organisation
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Great minute taking
- Willingness to learn about business and committee procedures
- Interest in charity and company law
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
The Board has around 10 meetings a year usually in Addlestone or via video conferencing. There are also strategy and training events and a day-time AGM that require you to be available for up to 4 days per year in working hours.
In return you will receive:
- Valuable charity sector experience
- Training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to shape the future direction of the charity
- The chance to positively contribute to your local community
We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.