Who we are:
Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne provides advice to over 3000 people a year, helping them with over 11,000 different problems including housing, debt, benefits and employment. We are an expanding local charity with 15 staff members working alongside 40 volunteers to provide advice across Runnymede and Spelthorne. We are a local charity at the heart of our community entirely funded by grants and donations, and we are a member of national Citizens Advice.
We are seeking a driven individual who is looking to use their Citizens Advice experience and support us with the exciting growth of our local CA. The Operations Manager role offers significant opportunity by working closely with the Chief Officer in the development and delivery of the organisation's Business Plan as well as deputising at internal and external partners meetings and working groups. The Operations Manager will manage the advice service operations, standards and compliance of Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne. You will be supporting the advice team to offer an effective customer focused service by ensuring our advice quality remains high and meets all Citizens Advice standards. The role will require you to undertake research and make recommendations on news ways of working to enhance the service.
- Citizens Advice trained with advice quality management experience
- Track record of delivering operational change and driving performance
- Ability to manage individuals and teams and support personal development
- Experience of delivering change in a customer focused role
- Track record of working with financial and administrative systems
- Attention to detail to ensure accurate reporting and regulatory compliance
- Great interpersonal skills, a ‘can do’ attitude, and the ability to create a positive working environment
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex information and produce and present clear reports verbally and in writing
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment balancing competing priorities
- Demonstrably strategic and forward thinking, as well as an active problem solver
- A good up to date understanding of equality and diversity and its application to the provision of advice
- Citizens Advice Session Supervisor experience
- Experience of managing risk
- Appreciation of the local community and social challenges in the area
- Location: We work from Addlestone and Sunbury with outreach locations across the boroughs. The role can initially be undertaken flexibly as we are operating both remote from home and in the office. You will be required to attend all offices and travel between them when Covid restrictions lift.
- Closing Date for Applications: Midnight Sunday 21st March