Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne is seeking a motivated and committed volunteer for the role of Quality and Service Delivery Lead Trustee.
Citizens Advice Runnymede and Spelthorne provides advice to over 4000 people a year, helping them with over 12,000 different problems including housing, debt, benefits and employment. We have a small professional team working alongside 35 volunteers to provide advice across Runnymede and Spelthorne. We are a local charity at the heart of our community entirely funded by grants and donations, and we are a member of national Citizens Advice.
We are looking for a leader to help us drive and expand the reach of our growing charity. Working closely with the Trustee Board, Chief Officer and Advice Services Manager, this leader will focus on the delivery of the organisation’s strategy on performance and service delivery.
We are seeking someone with performance and project management experience who is willing to lead the Board’s strategic oversight of service delivery and also offer practical support to the small staff team. CARS is undergoing a three year change programme and is looking for someone who can offer positive strategic and practical support during this exciting time.
Key requirements for the role:
- Experience of leading projects, driving change and supporting organisational performance
- Willingness and ability to work with and support the employed staff and volunteers
- Free to attend Trustee Board meetings and some relevant internal meetings in office hours
- An interest in governance
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of Citizens Advice
The Board has around 10 meetings a year usually in Addlestone or via video conferencing. These rotate between evening and afternoon meetings. There are also strategy and training events and a day-time AGM that require you to be available for up to 4 days per year in working hours.
In return you will receive:
- Valuable charity sector experience
- Training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to shape the future direction of the charity
- The chance to positively contribute to your local community
We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.