Russam is proud to be supporting Cranstoun with the search for their new Chief Executive.
Since 1969 Cranstoun has been making a difference by combining expertise with innovative approaches and putting people at the heart of everything they do. They deliver a wide range of services across England, including community-based and residential substance misuse services, supported housing, specialist services for young people, families and carers, and domestic abuse services. Cranstoun believe everyone should have the opportunity to live healthy, safe and happy lives.
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about Cranstoun’s work, with the ambition to drive the organisation forward to ensure they continue to provide excellent services, to more people, across more communities.
The new Chief will be instrumental in developing and delivering a new strategy for Cranstoun to strengthen their position in an increasingly competitive environment. They will also:
- Be responsible and accountable to the Board of Trustees for all Cranstoun’s activity, ensuring compliance with statutory, regulatory and charitable requirements
- Provide inspirational, accountable leadership and direction to all staff, in support of Cranstoun’s vision and values
- Act as Cranstoun’s ambassador, leading and managing all external relations activity, building Cranstoun’s voice, reputation and profile
- Develop and grow income generation capacity, proactively seeking to broaden the funding base
Cranstoun are looking for an inspiring and highly professional leader with great commercial awareness and communication skills. You should be open, honest and resilient. Above all, you should be committed to embedding the values of Cranstoun and have the public speaking ability to act as an excellent ambassador for the organisation. Other essential criteria includes:
- Proven track record of leading an organisation that is geographically dispersed
- Proven track record of creating and delivering an organisational growth strategy, demonstrating business acumen
- Track record of building success through partnerships, influence and diplomacy
- Demonstrable analytical acumen, able to analyse data to drive both performance and develop the organisation
- Experience of developing and maintaining relationships with a diverse range of clients, stakeholders and partners including other charities, businesses and funders
- Supporting a board of trustees - effectively engaging the skills and experience of trustees in the development of the organisations business strategy
- Implementing plans whilst managing a wide range of shorter-term operational demands and transformation
- Experience of leading digital transformation – ability to innovate, evaluate, strategize and implement digital responses to meet organisational needs
- Experience of leading effective change management programmes across a leadership team
For extensive information about Cranstoun, the Chief Executive role, and the person they are looking for, please download the Candidate Information Pack available on our website.
Closing date for applications: Monday 22 June 2020
Preliminary interviews with Russam: Week commencing 29 June 2020
Final interview and informal meetings with Cranstoun: Week commencing 13 July 2020
How to Apply
To apply for this position please provide the following two pieces of information:
- A comprehensive CV, including details of your achievements in each role and details of two referees.
- A supporting statement, explaining how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of the role, directly addressing the criteria as outlined in the person specification.