Russam are delighted to be supporting Age UK Plymouth with the search for their next Chief Executive.
Age UK Plymouth is an independent local charity, which has operated for over 70 years in the City of Plymouth. They provide a variety of excellent services to over 1,000 people over the age of 50 every week, including those who may be vulnerable or socially isolated.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about helping people to make the most of later life.
The Chief Executive will be responsible for the effective and proper leadership and management of the organisation and its resources. Other key responsibilities include:
- To support the Board in setting the vision, mission, strategic objectives and strategic priorities for the charity and develop its philosophy and values.
- To lead the business development plans for development of the charity in its purpose of supporting older people.
- Maintain financial stability and identify innovative ways of ensuring funding.
- To promote the mission, aims, values and objectives of Age UK Plymouth (AUKP) as the public facing representative of the charity.
- To provide forward looking strategic leadership and management of the organisation and its resources to promote the objectives of the charity.
- To ensure the charity fulfils all its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities.
Based in Plymouth, Devon's 'Ocean City', this role presents a rare chance for a balanced and high-quality way of life.
Age UK Plymouth are looking for an ‘ideas person’ capable of delivering change, developing services and continuously improving what the organisation offers.
You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to nurture relationships with key partners, motivate the incredibly dedicated staff and volunteers and persuade others of the need to support the cause.
For full details about Age UK Plymouth, the role, and the person they are looking for, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
Closing date for applications: Monday 15 February 2021
Preliminary interviews with Russam: Week commencing 22 February 2021
Final interview and informal meetings with Age UK Plymouth: Week commencing 15 March 2021
How to Apply
To apply for this position please provide the following two pieces of information:
- A comprehensive CV, including details of your achievements in each role and details of two referees.
- A supporting statement, explaining how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of the role, directly addressing the criteria as outlined in the person specification within the Candidate Information Pack.