Rwanda Aid is looking for a dynamic fundraiser with experience of working with corporates, individuals and trusts. We are passionate about what we do and believe that we have developed an effective model that provides real value for money. We work closely with the community to identify the most pressing challenges and then pilot innovative solutions to those challenges, solutions which are so effective that they are adopted and replicated by the community and the government. This ensures scale and sustainability.
We need someone with energy and enthusiasm who can convey this to prospective donors. We're not a large corporate charity - you'll be able to contribute and express yourself, whilst helping some of the poorest people in the world.
Founded in 2008 Rwanda Aid works to relieve poverty in the south west region of Rwanda by supporting effective education and enterprise. It has a particular commitment to those living on the margins of society, especially street children and young people living with disability. You can learn more about our work by visiting our website.
Key Responsibilities will include the following:
Corporates: Manage an existing portfolio of corporate donors and funded projects. Explore opportunities for new corporate funding. Attend meetings with corporates. Organise funder visits and corporate volunteering.
Trusts: Research suitable trusts/foundations to approach. Manage applications and reporting for trusts and foundations.
Events: Help with the planning and organising of fundraising events.
Social media: Make regular posts on facebook, twitter and other appropriate platforms. Work closely with the CEO and Operations Director to ensure that the website is always up-to-date
In order to apply you should have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience of fundraising from corporates and trusts
- Demonstrable success of securing five figure grants
- Excellent creative proposal writing combined with the ability to demonstrate clear outcomes and impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with excellent copy writing and proof- reading ability
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to fundraising
- Experience of preparing, controlling and presenting budgets and working knowledge of charitable financial accounts
- Sound understanding of international development issues
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, and databases
- Ability to manage own workload and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with others and in a team
- Knowledge or experience of project development tools such as log-frames, and project cycle management
- Experience of social media management
The post is permanent. Initially it will be for two days a week. The hours are flexible and for the most part you will be working from home.
Your line manager will be the Rwanda Aid Chief Executive Officer and you will be required to attend meetings of the fundraising sub-committee.
Salary will be in the region of £25 000 pa in accordance with qualifications and experience, paid at a pro rata rate of £10 000 for two days a week. There is the potential for the job to grow to full-time.
Starting date is flexible but ideally early in 2020
Closing date for applications is November 22nd 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in London on December 4th.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.