Hello we are RYP
RYP (Riverside Youth Project) is a NEW 100% volunteer run and youth-led project currently being set up to work with young people aged 13-19 years old, providing them with positive activities and prosperous futures, based in areas along the River Thames in London.
We aim to provide fun, engaging and interactive activities to young people that help booster their life and social skills and also help develop their future prospects by giving them access to new opportunities and experiences that they would not usually have access to.
Can you help? We are looking for
We are currently seeking a Volunteer Coordinator (Volunteer) to join us for approx 6-8 hours per week (flexible, however our core project hours are evening and weekend based when we deliver the work with young people), where you will set up and coordinate our volunteer programme, including recruiting, selecting, inducting and training new volunteers into RYP, building local connections with businesses and organisations to get Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities and other volunteer help and support.
You MUST have experience of coordinating and managing volunteers or within HR to be considered for this role. We need someone who can set up and run a volunteer programme.
Key Duties Include:
- Create adverts and post them online for various volunteer roles.
- Create Role Descriptions for each role.
- Send out application forms and packs via email.
- Shortlist applications.
- Carry out telephone and face to face interviews.
- Corresponding with applicants from start to finish.
- Carry out all new starter processes such as DBS checks, etc.
- Induct all new volunteers.
- Plan, organise and facilitate training relevant to the needs of RYP to all new volunteers.
- Create an amazing and unique volunteering programme at RYP.
- Look at ways to improve volunteer uptake.
- Ensure high standards of volunteering practice.
- Record relevant and appropriate information and statistics and write reports relating to this.
- Be a positive role model for both young people and volunteers.
- To promote and raise awareness of RYP and our volunteer opportunities at fresher fairs, volunteer days and community days and events, etc.
- Other duties relevant to a Volunteer Coordinator.
Want to be part of our NEW youth project?
We would love to hear from you, so please get in touch for a short volunteer application form and information pack.
Join us on Social Media @RYPLondon
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.