We are looking for young people aged 13 to 21 years old who live in London (especially close to the River Thames) to help us create a new youth organisation called RYP (Riverside Youth Project). We want to provide positive activities for young people and need your help to help us shape what this new project will become.
Hello, We Are RYP (Riverside Youth Project)
RYP (Riverside Youth Project) is a start-up charity, 100% volunteer run and will be working with young people aged 13-19 years old to provide them with positive activities and positive futures. We are a brand-new start-up charity that will be based along the River Thames which places the initiative of young people at the heart of our charity, with our Young Leaders taking an active and leading role in the governance, planning our direction and activities.
We will run a variety of youth work activities and projects for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, designed to engage and inspire them, building their confidence and skillset to help them begin their journey towards adulthood, whilst enjoying all the incredible opportunities the River Thames and London has to offer young people.
Our mission is simple; the provision of positive activities to support young people towards prosperous futures. We place young people at the centre of our project, creating a space in which they feel safe and supported, enabling them to grow and flourish. The fun and engaging activities we run for young people empower them to build their confidence and their support networks, giving them friendships and skills which they can take forwards into bright futures
Can you help? We are looking for
We are looking for young people aged 13 to 21 years old, who are interested in helping us set up and run our new youth organisation called RYP (Riverside Youth Project) as a Volunteer on our Youth Committee where you will have ownership, responsibilty and a voice in how RYP is run and the types of activities and projects that we provide. You will work with the Trustees and Director and Team to ensure we are youth-led and help us to be a really good youth project for young people and get involved in lots of areas within the charity.
Key Duties Include:
- Give us your ideas, feedback and suggestions on how to make RYP a success with young people. This includes talking to local young people to get their ideas and suggestions.
- Help us to plan, organise and deliver sessions to young people in a variety of subjects relevant to the needs and desires of young people locally.
- Assist in the management of the youth activities that RYP provide.
- Help us to fundraise for resources, activities and the running costs.
- Get involved in the recruitment and selection of Volunteers, including interviewing and training volunteers.
- Ensure the health and safety of young people and team members.
- Help us raise our profile on social media and at public events, or internal and external meetings, flyering locally and spreading the word far and wide to young people, including school assemblies and more.
- Get involved in other areas that help ensure we are an amazing youth project for young people aged 13 to 19.
Want to be part of our NEW and EXCITING Youth Organisation? Come Join RYP
We would love to hear from you, so please get in touch for a Registration Form and and information pack and apply today to join us on this very exciting adventure.
Join us on Social Media @RYPLondon
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.