Reporting to the Trustees, the Charity officers’ duties are related to business development, project management, strategy, finance, and more in a wide ranging role. It’s a role where you’re often the first point of contact for enquiries and will be involved in the day-to-day running of the charity.
Charity officers will be expected to support and lead on some of the following tasks:
- Organising fundraising events and applying for grants
- Creating fundraising initiatives and flyers.
- Developing marketing oversight on marketing activities.
liaise with external agencies, including voluntary sector organisations, the media, local authorities, business contacts, trustees and other stakeholders or clients
- Targeting potential donors.
- Recruiting and liaising with volunteers.
- Preparing reports and general administrative work.
- Position themselves as the PR face of the charity.
While a degree, or internationally recognised higher education equivalent is welcome, it is by no means a necessity. Experience of real life and a working history is just as important. We welcome applications regardless of qualifications or education history.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Being able to work on different projects at the same time.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Being creative and flexible.
- Being proactive.
- Having competent written and spoken communication abilities.
- Being committed to Safe in our World’s ambitions.
- Previous experience working within the charity sector
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.