Development Manager (Major Donors)
- Do you want to join a ground-breaking, determined, and compassionate charity that is leading the fight for child refugees caught in limbo in Europe and elsewhere?
- Are you passionate about fundraising and eager to take us to the next level?
Safe Passage International is looking for a Development Manager to develop major donor fundraising within our small but ambitious Fundraising Team.
This is a role with a strong foundation – during Safe Passage’s first four years, our income has grown significantly to £1.2m. We are looking for someone to build on this position and ensure our income portfolio continues to develop and diversify by focusing on major donor income.
You will be an eager fundraising professional, passionate about refugee issues, and ready to lead work within a dedicated and fast-paced organisation. You will work in a small, supportive team taking ownership of major donor fundraising to develop the income stream, as well as supporting on other areas of fundraising work. This role requires the ability to motivate and inspire supporters as well as excellent research and organisation skills.
We are ground-breaking, fast paced, and cross border. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with colleagues in the UK, Greece, and France in order to deliver long-term solutions for refugees.
- Salary £28,000 - £34,000 pro rata(depending on experience)
- Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours per week) or 4 days (30 hours per week pro rata)
- London office base with Remote Working to start
- Reporting to Head of Fundraising
- Line management responsibilities: Ad hoc Volunteers
- Budget Responsibilities: Major Donor budget
- Happy to discuss flexible working
About Safe Passage
Safe Passage was founded in late 2015 in response to what became known as Europe’s modern ‘refugee crisis’. In the past four years we have grown from a small UK project to an international organisation with 25 members of staff supporting refugees to access safe and legal routes to asylum across Europe.
- Our vision is for every person seeking asylum to be able to access a safe and legal route to a place where they can lead a full and dignified life.
- We do things differently - championing refugees’ rights by combining strategic legal work, advocacy, capacity building and community organising.
- We are focused on achieving systemic change in refugee and asylum policy at both nation-state and international level.
To date more than 2,000 individuals have travelled to safety through routes we have opened.
Working at Safe Passage means working at a different sort of charity. We are small, nimble and laser focused on the impact that only we can bring.
To apply: Visit our website to view the Job Description and 'About You'. Send your CV and a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) that addresses the points in the About You section and tells us why you would love working in this role at Safe Passage.
Send your application to our Recruitment email address with the Email Subject Line: First name, Surname, Development Manager Application. Attachments should be titled First name, Surname Cover Letter, CV.
Closing date: Sunday 17th January 2021 at midnight (UK-time);