- Do you want to join a ground-breaking, determined and compassionate charity that is leading the fight for child refugees caught in limbo in Europe and elsewhere?
- Are you passionate about fundraising and eager to take us to the next level?
Safe Passage International is looking for a Development Manager to deliver our ambitious fundraising strategy.
This is a role with a strong foundation – during Safe Passage’s first four years, our income has grown significantly to £1.2m. We are looking for someone to build on this position and ensure our income portfolio continues to develop and diversify.
You will be an eager fundraising professional, passionate about refugee issues, and ready to lead work within a dedicated and fast-paced organisation. You will work in a small, supportive team across all income streams, taking ownership of some individual streams and their associated targets. Our key development areas are trusts and foundations, community fundraising, major donors, and online giving.
We are ground-breaking, fast growing, and cross border. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with colleagues in the UK, Greece and France in order to deliver long-term solutions for refugees.
Please visit our website to view the Job Description and Person Specification.
- £28,000-£32,000 (depending on experience)
- Full time (37.5 hours per week), flexible working considered
- London Office
- Reporting to Head of Fundraising
- Line management responsibilities of ad hoc volunteers
Who we are:
Safe Passage was founded in late 2015 in response to the refugee ‘crisis’. In the past four years we have grown from a small UK project, to an international organisation with 23 members of staff supporting refugees to access safe and legal routes to asylum across Europe.
- Our vision is for every person seeking asylum to be able to access a safe and legal route to a place where they can lead a full and dignified life.
- We do things differently - championing refugees’ rights by combining strategic legal work, advocacy, capacity building and community organising.
- We are focused on achieving systemic change in refugee and asylum policy at both nation-state and international level.
To date over 2,000 individuals have travelled to safety through routes we have opened. Our work is recognised with awards from Liberty, Sheila McKechnie, the European Parliament and EU Commission and chosen as Guardian ‘Charity of the Year’.
Working at Safe Passage means working at a different sort of charity. We’re small, nimble and laser focused on the impact that only we can bring.
To apply: send your CV and a cover letter that addresses each point of the Person Specification and tells us why you would love this role and working for Safe Passage. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: Monday 9th March at midday.