- Are you a Finance and Operations professional with an excellent track record?
- Do you want to join a ground-breaking, determined and compassionate charity that is leading the fight for child refugees caught in limbo in Europe and elsewhere?
Safe Passage International is looking for a superb finance and Operations professional to join the Senior Leadership of a new and ground-breaking international organisation.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with both finance and operations expertise. They will be comfortable being hands-on to get things done, and flexible in their approach to achieve results in a fast-changing external environment. They too will possess a strong people-focus and a passion for maintaining organisational wellbeing.
The successful candidate will join at an exciting time. In 2019 Safe Passage International became an independent charity, registering in the UK, France and Greece. The post-holder will report directly to the CEO based in London, supporting them to provide effective and appropriate accountability to the Board and will lead the process of embedding and strengthening new systems and processes to support the development of Safe Passage and facilitate our unique cross-border approach.
- Part-time, 30 hours per week, £45,000 - £48,000 gross
- Flexible working considered
- London office
- Reporting to CEO
- Line management responsibilities: Finance Manager and Operations Officer; oversight over two outsourced accountancy functions in Greece and France
Please view the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
Who we are:
Safe Passage was founded in late 2015 in response to the refugee ‘crisis’. In the past four years we have grown from a small UK project, to an international organisation with 23 members of staff supporting refugees to access safe and legal routes to asylum across Europe. We are a cross border organisation with offices in the UK, Greece, and France.
- Our vision is for every person seeking asylum to be able to access a safe and legal route to a place where they can lead a full and dignified life.
- We do things differently - championing refugees’ rights through strategic legal work, advocacy, capacity building and community organising.
- We are focused on achieving systemic change in refugee and asylum policy at both nation-state and international level.
To date over 2,000 individuals have travelled to safety through routes we have opened. Our work is recognised with awards from Liberty, Sheila McKechnie, the European Parliament and EU Commission and chosen as Guardian ‘Charity of the Year’.
To apply: Please visit our website to view the Job Description and Person Specification. Send your CV and a cover letter addressing each point of the Person Specifiction and why you would love to work for Safe Passage.
Closing date: applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.