Safe Passage International
Call for Applications for up to 4 New Trustees
Safe Passage International is looking for up to 4 people to join our Board of Trustees who are passionate about our mission to champion safe passage for refugees.
We would particularly welcome applications from people who have lived (personal) experience of having to leave their home and cross borders in search of asylum and from people from Black, Asian and other Minority Ethnic communities.
We are also seeking expertise in the following areas:
- Finance and accounting,
- Refugee law and policy; campaigning for refugee rights.
In 2023 Safe Passage will appoint a new Chair of Trustees. We welcome applicants with the above skills and experiences who might also be interested in this role.
Safe Passage International has offices based in the UK, France and Greece, and we particularly welcome applicants based in any of these countries.
Whether you’ve been a Trustee before or are considering a Trustee role for the first time, we want to hear from you!
About Safe Passage
Safe Passage International (SPI) is a charity that champions the rights of refugees and displaced people as they flee persecution. We use the law to help refugees access safe routes to a place of safety and work alongside refugees to campaign for change and build public support for safe passage for all.
We have a particular focus on supporting unaccompanied children and young people to reunite with family and reach protection in Europe, although we also work with adults and family groups too.
We are based in the UK, with small offices also in France and Greece. These offices are locally registered not for profit companies who are part of the Safe Passage International ‘Group’, overseen by the UK Board of Trustees.
Safe Passage advances its mission through five main strands of work:
- Providing legal advice to asylum-seekers, refugees and their family members to help them be safely and legally reunited
- Holding Governments and decision-makers to account on their legal obligations to asylum-seekers and refugees
- Campaigning and advocacy with policy makers in Government, Parliament and other authorities to provide safe and legal routes for asylum-seekers and refugees
- Helping young refugees to settle in the UK upon arrival and working with them to campaign on issues that they are passionate about
- Improving public awareness of the need for safe routes
How to apply
Please visit our website for full information on how to apply and to read the full role description.
If you are interested in applying to become a Trustee and would like to find out more about our work and existing Board, we would be pleased to set up a conversation with our CEO. Similarly, if you are excited by the idea of becoming a Trustee but are unsure if you have the right experience, we encourage you to reach out to discuss the role and the skills and experiences you think are relevant. The information for doing so can be found on our website.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a Covering letter (no more than 2 pages) addressing the following points:
- Why you wish to join the Safe Passage Board
- What skills and experiences you would bring to the Board, with reference to those listed in the role profile, including lived experience of seeking asylum
Please also complete our separate Equal Opportunities Form.
Email applications to: with the Email Subject Line: First name, Surname, Trustee Application. Attachments should be titled First name, Surname Cover Letter or CV.
Application Deadline: Sunday 17th July at 11.59 pm
We wish you the best of luck with your application and look forward to hearing from you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.