Safer Wales are Equal Opportunities employers, therefore we would be grateful if you went to our website for the role description and application. Complete the application form and return by email.
Whole System Approach Case Worker - Based in Cardiff Police Station (Maternity Cover)
The Whole System Approach (WSA) forms part of the Future 4 consortium remit and is part of the Women’s Pathfinder. The service is designed to deliver a woman specific integrated approach to supporting women who come into contact (or are at risk of coming into contact) with the criminal justice system in South Wales and Gwent area.
WSA supports women to avoid any further involvement in the criminal justice system and build better lives. It helps women access the right support, at the earliest opportunity, to prevent them from coming into further contact with the criminal justice system. The scheme is based in the police custody suites and across community settings. It consists of identifying, assessing, engaging and providing support packages for women.
Are you an active listener with experience of supporting Women in the community. If so Safer Wales is looking for someone to operate as part of a team, taking overall responsibility for a caseload of women who have been referred to the scheme.
You shall facilitate programmes of interventions and provide support packages, working with other partners and agencies both statutory and non-statutory. You will be responsible for the case management of women either active or within partner agencies who remain under the scheme.
- assessment planning programmes: 1 year (Preferred)
- supporting people in crisis: 1 year (Preferred)
Salary: £21,351.86 - £24,584.63
Hours: 21.75 hours per week Maternity cover on a fixed term basis to September 2022 .
*This vacancy is only open to female applicants as an occupational requirement exception under Sch 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
* You must hold a full drivers licence. *This vacancy is subject to Enhanced DBS, Police Vetting, and satisfactory references. Must Drive.
Working for Safer Wales
Safer Wales is committed to providing a supportive and pleasant working environment through policies which acknowledge work/life balance, including:
Our Employees benefit from:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working and part-time working hours (family-friendly) where possible
- Generous personal pension scheme – Safer Wales pays 10%, the employee pays 5% of salary.
- Life Assurance Scheme – death in service benefit of four times salary
- An annual leave entitlement of 22 days annual leave, which increases by 1 day at January up to a maximum of 27 days, plus 11 privilege/public and bank holidays
- Westfield Health Foresight Care Cash Plan
- Extended paid maternity and paternity leave
- Parental/Dependant’s leave
- Free refreshments for all staff (at the base)
A commitment to continuing professional development and lifelong learning which includes: -
- Corporate induction programme
- Comprehensive in-house core skills training programme
- Mandatory training programme
- Regular supervision
- Annual Appraisal
- Payment of professional fees – where appropriate
- Paid study and exam leave – where appropriate
- Funding for external training courses relevant to role
- Funding for additional vocational and professional qualifications relevant to role
- Conference/training attendance relevant to role
Closing date 25 October 2021 Interviews on 1 November 2021
- Monday to Friday
No- Follows Government guidelines- COVID-19
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.