Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The applicant will have demonstrable knowledge and considerable experience of supporting women who are involved with criminal justice services and the issues that impact upon their lives.
Experience of advocacy on behalf of clients to other agencies and authorities.
Experience of working in a criminal justice system setting is desirable.
Experience of supporting individuals in identifying needs and risks. In particular use of assessment to inform individual plans.
Experience of using a range of IT tools to carry out your work, including case management systems, Microsoft Office applications, internet and email etc. The ability to type is essential.
Experience of managing and leading teams.
Works Proactively:Demonstrates initiative, thinks ahead and takes prompt action to solve problems; completes tasks, overcomes obstacles and seizes opportunities.
Applies & Shares Expert Knowledge:Demonstrates the specialist knowledge and technical requirements of the job. Applies skills and experience to perform the job effectively.
Client & Customer Focused: Focuses on and understands the needs of internal and external clients and other stakeholders and strives to deliver a prompt, effective and personalised service.
Works Collaboratively with Others.
Leads Change & Improves Performance.
Influences Others & Communicates Effectively.
Values & respects others
About Safer Wales
We believe that everyone has the right to be safe and not live in fear because of attitudes or actions taken by other people. Safer Wales is an independent charity based in Cardiff. We sometimes work with (but are not part of) the public sector (i.e. the council; the police; the courts; the health service; the fire service; The Welsh Assembly Government) to get the best service for you.We work to help people feel safer in their daily lives. This might be through providing you with support or a service that you need or it might be about carrying out work to change attitudes of other people to accept others regardless of difference.
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working and part-time working hours (family-friendly) where possible
- Generous personal pension scheme – Safer Wales pays 10%, the employee pays 5% of salary.
- Life Assurance Scheme – death in service benefit of four times salary
- An annual leave entitlement of 22 days annual leave, which increases by 1 day every complete year of service up to a maximum of 27 days annual leave, plus 11 privilege/public and bank holidays
- Westfield Health Foresight Care Cash Plan
- Extended paid maternity and paternity leave
- Parental/Dependant’s leave
- Free refreshments for all staff
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.