Assist with the Charity’s Quality Assurance, data development within HMP Eastwood Park and HMP Styal. Taking a lead on managing databases and responding to the data needs for external and internal reports. In addition, to provide administrative support to Safer Wales Resettlement Service and Management Team.
36.25 hours per week on a fixed term contract to 25th June 2021, maybe extended subject to funding. This position is subject to prison vetting, references and a DBS check.
FULL ROLE DESCRIPTION IS ON THE SAFER WALES WEBSITE
Monitoring and evaluation
- To maintain robust monitoring, evaluation and quality assurance systems; including jointly with the Resettlement Manager to develop and implement or adapt systems and policies as appropriate.
- To complete internal case management file checks audits ensuring consistency throughout the team
- To support the team in conjunction with the Safer Wales Resettlement Manager in order to deliver results to meet the expectations of funders and Safer Wales Senior Management team
- Support the development of systems to evaluate and improve organisational performance of service
- Have responsibility for line managing a trainee or volunteer, as necessary
- The successful candidate will be able to provide evidence of the following:
- Good understanding of data quality and control
- Ability to analyse and think logically and use data to identify opportunities
- A clear understanding of statistical principles and excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent knowledge of entering data and producing queries and reports in EXCEL and ACCESS as well as PALOMA or other databases (training can be provided)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- The ability to proactively identify solutions to improve data collection
- The ability to achieve results and work to deadlines
- The ability to successfully multi-task and prioritise workloads
- The ability to self-motivate and work on own initiative, and as part of a team
- Good organisational and administrative and data skills, knowledge of office systems and procedures
- High level of competence in word processing, including formal presentation of letters, reports and other documents
- Competency in the use of internet technology, including the sending and receiving of e-mails
- The ability to handle confidential information and maintain discretion on sensitive issues
- Excellent written communication skills, with a sound knowledge of grammar and spelling
- A willingness to be trained on, and the ability to learn, a variety of new tasks
Desirable Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken Welsh
- The ability to communicate effectively in a community language – eg Somali, Urdu, Bengali etc
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.