Safer Wales are Equal Opportunities employers, therefore we would be grateful if you went to our website to complete and return the application form.
16 hours per week. *Fixed term to 31 December 2021, maybe extended pending further funding. *Job share considered. This vacancy is subject to Enhanced DBS
The Champions of Wales Programme is a Wales-wide programme working in collaboration with Plan UK to empower young people in their communities to change perceptions and attitudes towards girls’ so they can live free from gender inequality.
As a Safer Wales Youth Worker - Champion of Wales, you will engage with young people in Cardiff, including vulnerable girls at risk of gender-based discrimination and violence.
Working collaboratively, you will:
· Engage young people in Cardiff, including vulnerable girls at risk of gender-based discrimination and violence
· Engage young people in workshops to build skills, confidence and understanding around gender equality
· Explore how and where they can champion girls’ rights locally using Plan UK’s digital mapping tools
Amplify girls’ ability to create change and influence local decision making via small grants to pilot projects that champion gender equality in their communities
Working for Safer Wales
Safer Wales is committed to providing a supportive and pleasant working environment through policies which acknowledge work/life balance, including:-
Payments and benefits
Our Employees benefit from:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working and part-time working hours (family-friendly) where possible
- Generous personal pension scheme – Safer Wales pays or 10%, the employee pays 5% of salary.
- Life Assurance Scheme – death in service benefit of four times salary
- An annual leave entitlement of 22 days annual leave, which increases for by 1 day up to a maximum of 27 days annual leave, plus 11 privilege/public and bank holidays
- Westfield Health Foresight Care Cash Plan
- Extended paid maternity and paternity leave
- Parental/Dependant’s leave
- Free refreshments for all staff
A commitment to continuing professional development and lifelong learning which includes:-
- Corporate induction programme
- Comprehensive in-house core skills training programme
- Mandatory training programme
- Regular supervision
- Annual Appraisal
- Payment of professional fees – where appropriate
- Paid study and exam leave – where appropriate
- Funding for external training courses relevant to role
- Funding for additional vocational and professional qualifications relevant to role
- Conference/training attendance relevant to role.
Please go to the Safer Wales website to view the role description, complete an application and equal opportunities form.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.