Saferworld is an independent international organisation working to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives. We work with people affected by conflict to improve their safety and sense of security, and conduct wider research and analysis. We use this evidence and learning to improve local, national and international policies and practices that can help build lasting peace. Our priority is people – we believe in a world where everyone can lead peaceful, fulfilling lives, free from fear and insecurity. We are a not-for-profit organisation operational in 12 countries across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
The Commercial Funding Manager to join the newly re-formed funding team and support the growth of Saferworld’s commercial income, and contribution towards a more diversified funding base. The post-holder will identify, prioritise and work closely with affiliates and colleagues in country programmes to engage with and cultivate relationships with commercial agencies and potential donors.
The post-holder will:
- Identify, map and prioritise opportunities to grow commercial income
- Assess internal processes and systems and recommend areas for strengthening/refinement to better support commercial activity
- Offer support and advice and, if necessary, training to colleagues on approaches to commercial bids
- Review and co-ordinate donor/partner reporting and ensure timely submission
- Keep up to date and share information on trends and developments in the commercial contracting market