Saferworld is an independent non-governmental organisation that works to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives.
The person we are looking for will be responsible for providing a range of financial support services as well as providing financial assistance to programme staff and partners both in the UK and overseas.
- Manage payments and receipts, including cash handling, direct debit processing, bank charges etc.
- Input data onto financial system (Sun). Sales and purchase ledger
- Processing Sales Invoice and reconciling Debtors
- Suppliers statements and reconciliations
- Credit card processing and reconciliations
- Monitor and liaise with staff and other organisations to ensure that financial receipts and payments are accurate, timely and appropriately handled.
- Maintain petty cash processing and reconciliations
- Manage bank payment transfers and reporting from partner organisations
- Assist with the preparation of cash flows and funding reports as required
- Prepare invoices as required and ensuring payments are made
- Prepare tax repayment claims on Gift Aid/covenants
- Provide support to the Finance Officer when required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven understanding of book-keeping principals
- Experience of financial administration ideally within the non-profit sector
- Experience of computerised accounting software (SUN) is preferable
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- High level of numeracy skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and efficient working methods
- Ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure