Saferworld is an independent international organisation working to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives.
This role is split into two distinct roles. The first is to support the People and Culture team with recruitment and selection, employee administration, the HR database and any other related duties. The second comprising of a range of responsibilities such as office administration and logistical support with the principal aim of helping to ensure the smooth running of the London office.
It is expected that both main parts of the role take up approx. 50% of time, although this may vary on a day-to-day basis. The officer is a full member of the London People and Culture team.
Roles and responsibilities:
Human Resources (50% of time)
- Administer the Human Resources Information System (Cascade) for all London staff ensuring staff records are complete and up to date.
- Support the Country HR leads with their Cascade activities and needs, including training where needed
- Produce reports from Cascade as required.
- Administer the registration of annual leave and sickness absence.
- Manage the recruitment inbox and deal with external queries.
- Coordinate recruitment and selection processes, including advertising, long-listing, arranging interviews and references.
- Carry out the administrative side of the employee life cycle, i.e. offer letters, appointments, contracts, leavers, etc.
- Ensure that the payroll data is complete and correct.
- Coordinate the procedures for joiners and leavers, organising inductions, probationary reviews and exit interviews.
- Work with the wider HR team to provide an effective HR service across the organisation.
Operations (50% of time)
- Ensure that the Saferworld London office functions efficiently and effectively.
- Act as the first point of contact for visitors and telephone enquiries.
- Ensure office procedures are kept up-to-date and communicated to staff.
- Ensure Saferworld’s UK health and safety policies and practices are in place.
- Maintain office supplies in line with Saferworld’s procurement policy.
- Provide administrative support to programme staff when required including assisting with travel, logistical arrangements and booking meeting venues.
- Assist staff with visa application processes as required.
- Monitor staff whereabouts, including overseas travel, improving and developing systems where identified.
Knowledge, qualifications and experience
- Basic understanding of HR and organisational practices, including but not limited to resourcing, pay and benefits, recruitment.
- Previous experience in a similar HR and/or administrative role.
- Experience of working with databases and HR or other information systems.
- Experience of working with Office 365 would be an advantage.
Skills and abilities
- Communicate sensitively and effectively with a wide range of people, including across cultures and with those at a distance
- Ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles to deliver quality HR support.
- Willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and demonstrate flexibility.
- Well organised, calm and adaptable.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a team.
- Excellent communications skills, written and oral.
- Commitment to and compliance with Saferworld’s safeguarding principles.
- Commitment to respect and value equality and diversity, and understanding of how this applies to own area of work.
- Commitment to own continuing personal and professional development.
- Commitment to the vision, mission and values of Saferworld.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.