saha, Mildmay House, Liverpool L8 7PQ, 37.5 Hours per week
Closing Date Thursday 12 August 2021
About the Role:
Exciting opportunity for an Allocations Worker based in Mildmay House, working with people who are homeless or who have recently experienced homelessness to assess and induct new residents and help them to maximise tenancy.
At saha we are dedicated to providing comprehensive, good quality housing services, support and resettlement.
The Allocations Worker will concentrate on new clients, completing detailed needs and risk assessments , ensuring that new residents receive an intensive support package and that all clients are given the security and support they require with the aim of maximizing their independence and tenancy. This will involve:
- Completing a needs and a risks assessment for all new clients
- Moving new residents into the project in a planned, supportive manner
- Providing a full induction for new residents, including assistance with successfully claiming benefits, completing the resident licence agreement and all aspects of health and safety
- Developing professional relationships with residents so that they feel their individual requirements and support needs are being recognised
- Arranging a suitable handover following the induction period
You will instinctively work in a manner that aligns fully with saha’s delivery values and behaviours, demonstrating energy and passion, along with a positive, can do attitude in your daily contribution as an Allocations Worker to transforming lives.
You will be able to have:
- Empathy with our client group
- Confidence with the ability to inspire, engage and challenge
- Experience or an understanding of working with people who have had long periods of homelessness
- Experience in a general needs or supported housing setting
- track record of completing effective assessments
- Understanding of wider support and funding facilities available for vulnerable clients
We really want you to be able to succeed in your work with saha, so in return for helping to transform lives, we want to help you to transform your lifestyle by giving you access to some great benefits in addition to the above salary package. This includes for example,
- 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days,
- A High Street discount scheme (great savings both on and off-line)
- Pension with life assurance,
- Health assistance programme
- A full Induction Package and training relevant to the role as well as
- Training opportunities to aide your own personal and professional development.
At saha we transform lives by providing accommodation and support for some of the most vulnerable members of our society, mainly people experiencing homelessness.
We are a Registered Social Landlord and across the UK we are one of the leading providers of supported housing, providing a wide range of supported accommodation options for vulnerable people including, young homeless people, care leavers, adult homeless, people with complex needs, young parents (and their children), survivors of domestic abuse, ex-offenders and those suffering from drug and alcohol problems and poor mental health.
Our teams work with people to build on their strengths, creating person centred, individualised strategies and plans that transform lives, support recovery, and enable positive behaviour.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from across all sections of the community
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.