For 35 years, Sahir House have promoted the rights and the good health of those living with HIV, those affected by or at risk of HIV; including communities marginalised due to their ethnicity, gender, sexuality and asylum status through stigma reduction, prevention and support initiatives.
Chief Executive Officer – full time, starting salary in the range ca £45,000pa
We are recruiting a suitably experienced CEO to guide the charity through its next stage of development. In particular we are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Strategic awareness and the ability to lead an organisation through a period of change
- Significant senior management experience in the voluntary sector
- A strong track record of securing funding from charitable trusts and foundations, service level agreements and contracts with statutory agencies.
- Detailed experience in and understanding of fundraising, bid writing and income generation activities.
- A strong and experienced leader in equality, diversity, social justice and service user empowerment.
Sahir House welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all sections of the community. We especially invite applications from groups which reflect the diverse nature of the Sahir House service user population – people living with HIV, people from BAME groups, LGBTQIA+ people and those from backgrounds associated with refugee and asylum communities.
The post is subject to a six month probationary period, satisfactory references and DBS check.
How to apply
Download the application pack including the job description, person specification, equality monitoring link and organisational information from our website here.
Please also complete the equal opportunities monitoring information on Survey Monkey here.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 18th February 2022
Interviews, stakeholder panel and task: week commencing 28th February 2022
Ideal start date: April 2022, however we understand candidates may have longer notice periods and will accommodate this
Download the application pack including the job description, person specification, equality monitoring link and organisational information from our website
Please send your CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the criteria in the person specification, in Word format
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.