Title: Corporate Partnerships Fundraiser
(Please note that internally this job title is Partnerships Executive)
Reports to: Partnerships Manager
Budget Responsibility: none
Based at: 74 St Annes Road, Woolston, Southampton, SO19 9FF
Hours of work: Full-time [37.5 hours per week]
Team Association: Partnerships Team
Job Purpose To be pro-active in identifying and developing new and existing relationships with corporate partners and prospects in order to generate income and assist the team in reaching agreed income targets.
Salary: £25k-28k depending upon experience
Identify, research and approach prospective contacts in order to cultivate relationships and generate new business income through sponsorship and other charity partnerships.
Support the Head of Fundraising in maintaining and building upon existing corporate partnerships.
Gain an in-depth knowledge and keep abreast of the progress of all Sailors’ Society’s programmes, projects and events in order to prepare high quality, commercially relevant and compelling proposals, reports and presentations.
Take responsibility for own ‘portfolio’ of contacts, following all leads through to completion, meeting income raising targets and accurately recording all correspondence.
Secure participants for Sailors’ Society events.
Keep accurate records of all correspondence with Society stakeholders on Raisers’ Edge.
Attend internal and external meetings, events and presentations as required.
Ensure donors are promptly thanked and their gift is accurately recorded.
Provide administrative duties related to corporate and trust income generation, such as sourcing materials, preparing invoices and other activities as required.
The Corporate Partnership Fundraiser will be expected to maintain a high level of competence and capability, identifying appropriate training and development opportunities as required.
Person Specification (minimum requirement)
- Commercially driven with a proven track record in business development or B2B sales.
- An understanding of and experience in managing charity/corporate partnerships and sponsorship agreements.
- Confident and competent at approaching new business prospects on the telephone, face-to-face and in writing.
Excellent networking skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels and to represent the Society in person.
Ability to listen to the needs of corporate prospects in order to propose relevant ways of working together.
Excellent writing skills with the ability to write accurate, powerful, compelling and persuasive copy in a range of formats e.g. proposals, reports, brochures and posters/flyers.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to plan and manage a complex and demanding variety of tasks and to meet strict deadlines.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in experience.
- Prepared to work outside of normal office hours in the evenings and occasional weekends, including some overnight stays and overseas travel.
- Experience in working in a busy corporate fundraising environment.
- Experience of using Raisers’ Edge or other CRM database.
- A good understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility, corporate community engagement initiatives and established corporate fundraising techniques.
- Experience of working for a charity and an understanding of charity law.
- An understanding of the global shipping and maritime industry.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.