Title: Executive and Data Support Officer
Reports to: Deputy CEO
Budget Responsibility: None
Based at: Head Office in Southampton
Hours of work: Full-time [37.5 hours per week]
Team Association: Programme Department
Media & Advocacy Department
To provide executive support to the Deputy CEO and Strategic Leadership Team (SLT). To provide administrative support to the Board of Trustees and Sub-committees.
To take full responsibility for the health of the Society’s fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge (RE), with vested authority to make decisions on its structure and operation.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Trustees, Sub-committees and SLT, including preparing minutes of meetings.
- Provide administrative support for volunteer recruitment, training and management.
- Manage travel for the SLT, including arranging various meetings as required during visits.
- Plan preaching opportunities for the Deputy CEO and church services when required.
- Manage correspondence for the Chairman of the Board, including distribution of Board papers for the main Board and other local boards where trustee representation is in place.
- Provide administrative support for the society’s governance processes (eg. Risk Register updates etc.)
- Support the Deputy CEO’s advocacy activities, such as conference attendance and speaking engagements.
- Any other duties that are requested by the Senior Leadership Team from time to time.
Work closely with the Fundraising Team and all relevant internal stakeholders to scrutinise and test the supporter experience at every touch point and take the lead on establishing and managing clear plans to ensure that every supporter is appropriately thanked and stewarded on a planned donor journey.
Manage and maintain the charity’s central Fundraising Database (Raisers’ Edge), being the main Super User.
Work closely with the Fundraising Team to review current data practices and establish and actively promote best practice RE user protocols for data entry.
Take responsibility for ensuring that all existing users adhere to the protocols and new starters are trained as part of their induction.
Provide training as required to all database users in order to help them achieve their own objectives.
Ensure that appropriate data handling, including working to Data Protection guidelines and GDPR is implemented across the organisation.
Project manage any Raisers Edge system enhancements required in co-ordination with internal stakeholders to ensure projects are effectively coordinated and delivered on time and to budget.
Carry out regular gift and data analysis and make recommendations to the Fundraising Team for donor development based on giving patterns, particularly regarding key supporters.
Be the main liaison point between the Fundraising Team and Finance, ensuring that all gifts are accurately recorded on RE in a timely fashion and are reconciled with the organisation’s finance system on a monthly basis.
Generate and deliver segmented data selections for supporter communications, including direct mail appeals and e-communications in line with the fundraising plan.
Produce complex queries and reports from RE as required by the Director of Development.
Interviews could take place prior to the closing date and the post filled for the right candidate. Immediate start is available.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.