An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Salford CVS to support our capacity-building / development team.
We’re looking to recruit a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Development Worker, on a permanent contract, subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period.
The post-holder will assist the Services Manager in the development and delivery of the capacity-building, information, advice and guidance (IAG) service aimed at voluntary, community, social enterprise organisations (VCSE). The role will be based in both the office and community settings.
Are you good with people?
Have you experience of working within the VCSE sector?
Are you able to effectively support VCSE groups and organisations to build their skills, knowledge and experience in order to make a difference?
The role includes providing information, advice and guidance on a one to one basis to VCSE groups and organisations. A typical working week could include:
- Working with groups and organisations, from the very small to the large, on their grant applications
- Supporting our VOCAL VCSE Forums for voice and influence
- Visiting groups and organisations across Salford
- Partnership working - bringing together community groups, charities, social enterprises and public sector bodies to work together
- Delivering training to VCSE groups and organisations
- Working with a wide range of VCSE groups and organisations including environmental groups, small community social groups, homelessness charities, faith-based groups, communities of identity, and many more
- Supporting colleagues with other Salford CVS initiatives such as the Answer Cancer and Wellbeing Matters programmes, our grants and investments, membership and backroom services, etc.
Delivery is undertaken in person - either in the office or out at community locations - and also online, by phone and via email.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.