Are you good with people?
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced and rewarding role where every day is different and you get to meet people who want to make a difference to the communities they live in?
Have you experience of working within the VCSE sector and are keen to share your skills, experience and knowledge to help VCSE groups and organisations to make a difference?
If Yes, then you could be the person we’re looking for!
We’re looking to recruit a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Development Worker, on a permanent contract, subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period. For the right candidate(s) we are open to part-time / job share.
The post-holder will assist the Services Manager in the development and delivery of the capacity-building, information, advice and guidance (IAG) service aimed at VCSE group and organisations. The role will be based in both the office and community settings.
The personal qualities we are looking for are:
- An ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with people from a wide and diverse range of backgrounds - from small community groups to large charities and social enterprises - in a culturally sensitive way
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic person
- Patience and good humour
- An ability to build strong and trusting relationships with VCSE groups and organisations
- An ability to provide professional challenges, when necessary
- Ability to provide practical and pragmatic solutions to a wide range of problems.
It is essential the person we recruit has experience of working within the VCSE sector.
The chosen candidate will have the skills and ability to create and deliver quality participative learning and training to participants from VCSE organisations.
As part of this role the ability to research a range of policy, strategic and legal information and be able to translate from technical language to plain English, applying them in practice, is crucial.
The post-holder will be a strong and supportive team player whilst also being a self-starter.
Full training will be provided to familiarise the post-holder with Salford CVS’ systems and support with professional development will be available.
If you would like to know more about the role, please call Anne-Marie Marshall, Services Manager, for an informal chat.
If you would like to apply for the position of Development Worker, please submit your CV, equal opportunities form and a supporting statement via email by the deadline 12noon on Wednesday 1st June 2022.
The supporting statement must answer the following two questions:
1) What strengths would you bring to this role and why you would be good fit for our organisations? (no more than 250 words)
2) Give an example of where you have successfully delivered information, advice and guidance and what was the outcome? (no more than 250 words)
Please note late applications
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.