You will be responsible for the ongoing strategic development, contract management, quality assurance and operational delivery of Salford Foundation’s Targeted Adult Support Services.
Salford Foundation is a social inclusion charity working across Greater Manchester and the North West. We want to create a fair society in which everyone has the opportunities and resources to reach their potential. Our services and support reach over 9,000 people each year, helping those with a wide range of needs. Our Targeted Adult Support function covers three key areas of delivery: education and training; rehabilitation; and health and wellbeing. This new post has been created as part of a restructure, which is required due to growth in the charity’s activities.
You will have a significant experience of successfully, designing, delivering, managing and monitoring projects and activities within the charitable or public sector. You will have good working knowledge of the remits covered by our Targeted Adult Support Team and be a highly motivated, values-driven manager. You will have responsibility for the ongoing strategic development, contract management, quality assurance and operational delivery of our Targeted Adult Support projects.
Closing date is Thursday 10th February 2022, 12 noon
Interviews will take place on Thursday 17th February 2022
Equality & Diversity: We are a disability confident, inclusive community and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all people.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To provide inspirational leadership for the employability, rehabilitation and health and wellbeing services, which collectively comprise the Targeted Adult Support function.
- To act as the lead contract and grant manager for projects within the team, liaising with key management personnel representing funders. To ensure projects are delivered flexibly and responsively to meet people’s needs and contractual KPI’s.
- To line manage, train, develop, support and supervise agreed members of staff.
- To engage with and build relationships with key stakeholders including: public sector partners, corporate partners, prime contractors and training providers to enhance service development and operational delivery.
- To work collaboratively with the CEO and the Business Development Manager in developing the Team’s strategy and funding plans; to identify new service development or market opportunities and help to secure grant and contract income.
- To manage the team’s budgets, liaising with the Business Manager and Finance Team, ensuring compliance with internal and external financial procedures.
- To act as a ‘senior practitioner,’ promoting best practice, encouraging solution-focused approaches and supporting the development of staff and volunteers.
- To lead the team’s implementation of project life cycle, contract management and quality assurance processes; with responsibility for monitoring and reporting to external funders, ensuring timely and accurate submission of financial claims and monitoring data.
- To prepare and submit accurate and timely quarterly, impact and progress reports to SMT and the Board and other management information, as required.
- To create a strong, collaborative team ethos within Targeted Adult Support, enabling people to work cross-functionally and to support one another effectively.
- To act as an ambassador and promote Salford Foundation’s services to stakeholders at meetings and networking events and through social media and other communications, including our website.
- To attend supervisory sessions, training and development, briefings and networking events to keep up to date with relevant legislation, policies and best practice.
- To implement and comply with all Salford Foundation’s policies and procedures including Safeguarding Policy, Health and Safety Policy, Data Protection and Confidentiality.
- To undertake any other tasks of a similar level of responsibility as requested by the CEO or another member of the Senior Management Team.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Detailed working knowledge of at least one key area of the Team’s delivery: rehabilitation, training and employment or Health and Wellbeing
- Broad knowledge and understanding of themes and issues within the Targeted Adult Support portfolio of services
- Understanding of the needs and priorities of external funders
- Knowledge and understanding of management systems, processes and techniques
- Applied knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and best practice, including safeguarding, health and safety, HR, equality and diversity and GDPR
- Significant and substantial experience of managing projects or services, within the charitable or public sector
- Significant and substantial experience of managing, coaching and developing staff
- Significant and substantial experience of managing and reporting on KPI’s and meeting targets
- Experience of managing external funding
- Experience of working with disadvantaged and/or vulnerable people and multi-agency working/ liaison
Skills, Abilities & Qualification
- A professional qualification or demonstrable continuous professional development, relevant to the Team’s functions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with key decision makers
- Ability to work autonomously, plan and prioritise own workload
- Good numeracy and literacy skills with ability to analyse and present data
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office, proficient in diary management, Word & excel and databases
- Intellectual curiosity, with a demonstrable ability to learn and develop ‘on the job’
Values and Attitudes
- A ‘can do’ attitude focused on solutions and continuous improvement
- A team player, sensitive and responsive to the needs of others
- Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Commitment to maintaining personal and commercial confidentiality
- Commitment to Salford Foundation’s core values
- The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
- A driving licence and access/use of a car is essential for this role
- Flexibility is required including occasional early morning, evening and weekend working
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.