Trusts and Statutory Fundraiser with experience required to assist our income generation team to secure new funding opportunities.
Salford Foundation is a social inclusion charity working across Greater Manchester. We are expanding our income generation team to meet planned service development, business growth and business plan priorities. The Trusts and Statutory Fundraiser will help to diversify our funding sources by identifying and securing new funding for core activities and projects across the organisation, including universal, targeted and specialist services for children, young people and adults.
You will cultivate relationships and support stewardship by communicating and building rapport and effective working relationships with national, regional and local funders. You will work closely with the Business Development Manager, service delivery staff and Senior Management Team to:
- Provide fundraising briefings and updates
- Scope and develop project proposals
- Gather bid information.
You will write and submit grant funding applications, funding proposals and bids. You will also work with the Business Support Team to prepare budgets, financial data and supporting information.
You will have at least 2 years’ experience of fundraising and bid writing in a similar Trusts and Statutory Fundraising role. You should preferably have a professional fundraising qualification, a demonstrable track record of submitting successful grants and bids or be willing to undertake training and development to ensure continuous improvement of grants and bids.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Leading on implementing Trust and Foundations funding strategy, planning, preparing and submitting grant funding applications for Trusts, Foundations and Statutory agencies
- Supporting the Business Development Manager and fundraising team with the preparation and submission of other grants applications, bids, proposals and pre-qualification questionnaires, as agreed
- Contributing to the development of Salford Foundation’s Funding and Income Diversification 3 Year Strategy 2020/21-2022/2023 and annual funding plan
- Researching and identifying external funding opportunities that meet Salford Foundation’s strategic business plan priorities
- Meet income generation targets
- Preparing and delivering funding briefings to Senior Management Team and Salford Foundation staff on pipeline and current funding opportunities and contributing to “bid kick-off" meetings
- Preparing and submitting accurate and timely budget and financial information, using full cost recovery to support grant funding applications and bids
- Developing collaborative working relationships with external statutory, VCSE, public and private sector partners and agencies to support service development and partnership bids
- Researching, obtaining, collating and presenting beneficiary, project and contract data internally from Salford Foundation staff to support the evidence of need
- Supporting the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of grant funding applications and bids
- Submission of monthly and annual progress reports including grant/bid pipeline opportunities, planned and submitted bids, success rate and fundraising income performance against targets to the Senior Management Team and Line Manager
- Contributing to the ongoing marketing and promoting of the Foundation’s services to external stakeholders using social media, website and other communication updates
- Attending supervisory sessions, relevant subject based training, briefings and networking events to keep up-to-date with legislation, policies, practice and technology
- Implementing and complying with all Salford Foundation’s policies including Safeguarding Policy, Health and Safety Policy, Data Protection and Confidentiality.
- Undertaking any other tasks of a similar level of responsibility as requested by the Senior Management Team or Line Manager
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Trust, Foundation and Statutory funder requirements and expectations
- Knowledge and understanding of social exclusion and poverty and the impact on children, young people and adults
- Knowledge and understanding of the education, employment, training, health, or criminal justice sectors
- Knowledge and understanding of social value policies and social value measurement
- Experience of working in the VCSE/public sector in a fundraising or bid writing role
- Recent experience of researching, preparing and submitting Trust, Foundation and Statutory fundraising grants and bids opportunities nationally and/or regionally
- Experience of working collaboratively with staff across an organisation to develop proposals from initial concept through to project start
- Experience of using on-line funding and e-tendering portals
- Ability to write accurately, creatively and persuasively to engage the target audience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to use own initiative, plan and prioritise workloads with minimum supervision
- Ability to research, analyse, interpret and present complex data concisely
- Excellent ICT skills and proficiency in Microsoft outlook, word, excel & power point
Values and Attitudes
- A desire to help people from all backgrounds and treat them with dignity and respect
- A non-judgemental open mind
- A ‘can do’ attitude focused on solutions and continuous improvement
- Commitment to equality and diversity
- Commitment to maintaining personal and commercial confidentiality
- Commitment to Salford Foundation’s core values
- The post is subject to a standard DBS check
- Use of a car is desirable but not essential for this role
If you have the relevant experience and essential skills and want to be part of our team, please submit a completed application form which can be found below no later than 12 noon on Monday 17th February 2020. Interviews will be held on Thursday 27th February 2020.
Please note that only completed applications forms will be accepted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.