Salford Pride is looking for a Head of Design & Marketing to oversee and manage the design and marketing of the Salford Pride brand. To oversee the creation of all Salford Pride branded materials and artwork, as well as branding for activities, events and projects that Salford Pride deliver, including our major project, The Pink Picnic. To oversee the maintenance of the Salford Pride website and the management of the Salford Pride social media accounts. The Head of Design & Marketing needs to be able to take constructive feedback on materials and artwork delivered to the team.
- To oversee and undertake the management of all design and marketing interests of Salford Pride, to promote Salford Pride’s activities, events and projects, with prior approval of the Chief of Experience and the Chief Executive.
- To oversee the management of Salford Pride’s social media presence and to behave appropriately and with discretion when interreacting via social media. To intervene as soon as possible to censor any inappropriate social media communications by others on behalf of Salford Pride;
- To oversee and develop Salford Pride’s branding and corporate image, ensuring consistency in all published materials;
- To oversee the appearance of the website, ensuring that it is true to the spirit of Salford Pride’s branding and ensure that the website is kept up to date;
- To oversee the creation of all press releases, liaise with local and national media and build an effective relationship with these organisations and their staff;
- To oversee the marketing of all activities, events and projects that Salford Pride deliver, including our major project, The Pink Picnic;
- To be responsible for researching the format relevant to each material and request quotes at the most competitive prices, negotiating as necessary and building and maintaining good working relationships with local printing companies;
- To oversee the respondence to all media enquiries and ensure that a response is provided in a reasonable time;
- To undertake media interviews on behalf of Salford Pride, if requested by the Chief of Experience or the Chief Executive;
- To seek prior approval for printed materials, artwork, press releases, edits to the website and online campaigns on social media prior to release;
- All designs will need to be endorsed by the team prior to release and the Head of Design & Marketing must be willing to accommodate suggestions and receive constructive feedback as part of this process.
- To oversee, facilitate and support the work of officers that report to the Head of Design & Marketing.
In additional to these responsibilities the Head of Design & Marketing should:
Demonstrate a strong grasp of both written and spoken English; demonstrate both tenacity and determination, particularly when communicating a positive message in the face of persistent negative attitudes.
Due to COVID-19 we are holding are team meetings online and are workload is done from home, however once the restrictions are removed we will be holding team meetings in person in Salford.
CANDIDATES CAN APPLY VIA OUR WEBSITE
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.