MLC are proud to be partnered with Salix Finance Ltd in their search for a new Financial Accountant to join their growing team.
Salix supports decarbonisation and energy efficiency in the public sector by providing funding, support and expertise. Since its formation in 2004, the organisation has provided funding of more than £1.1 billion to 20,000 different projects, slashing annual CO2 emissions by over 900,000 tonnes. Having recently been brought in-house by the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Salix is going through a period of rapid growth, more than tripling in size.
The Financial Accountant is a key role within the finance directorate, ensuring the provision of a high-quality financial accounting service that supports the effective and efficient management of Salix’s financial resources within statutory and regulatory guidelines.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Work closely with the wider finance team to deliver the monthly close process, preparing journals and analysing transactions.
- Carry out month-end and year-end reconciliations for all balance sheet and control accounts
- Support the Senior Financial Accountant and Financial Controller with the preparation of year end statutory accounts, including schedules, internal and external audits.
- Liaise with management accountants and the finance business partners to ensure they have all the relevant information for their budget holders.
This role will suit candidates who are either finalists or newly qualified, looking for their next step to grow with an organisation at the forefront of the drive towards Net Zero.
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate will:
- Be actively studying towards an accountancy qualification or have recently qualified.
- Have the drive, ambition, and proactive mindset to make the role your own by implementing change and improvements.
- Have three years’ experience in a finance role with a good understanding of financial accounting and preparing annual accounts.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 31st July and first interviews will be held on Friday 5th and Monday 8th August. For more information, please contact Jamie Elliott at MLC Partners.