We are looking for a dynamic, well networked individiual to work in the Glasgow district to help introduce Samaritan's Purse and in particular our amazing Operation Christmas Child Ministry to local Churches and groups.
This role will be working 21 hours a week, 39 weeks a year (so term time only).
You will be engaging with churches and relevant organistions across their region – introducing them to the concept of shoeboxes, SP missional activity and be a key aide to the Connect Regional Managers in the recruitment and motivation of Connect volunteers.
You will be
- Well respected and accepted by a broad range of church leadership across the region
- A team builder across different ethnicities, denominations and traditions
- Able to work on own initiative as a self-starter in a fast-moving remote-working team, while also having the inter-personal skills to inspire and motivate others
- Willing to travel around the region at flexible times to meet churches and organisations. It is essential that you live local to the region.
- Demonstrates a strong personal, evangelical Christian faith, committed to the Christian ethos of Samaritans Purse with regular Christian worship and prayer
You will have:
- Excellent communication skills in person, by phone, and in writing
- Knowledge of the UK Church and Christian agencies
- Some administrative experience, customer service and business understanding will help eg Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Due to the nature of the role there is a genuine occupational requirement that the applicant must be a committed Christian with an active faith.
In the first instance please submit a CV with a covering note stating why you are interested in the role and what you could bring to us.
We urge applicants to apply swiftly, interviews will be held swiftly on receipt of applications. There is no closing date.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.