Head of Rail Programme, Ewell
Salary Band 1
Samaritans is an established charity who for over 60 years have been delivering services to some of the most vulnerable people across the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Based in Ewell with great transport links to London and the South, our employees benefit from a picturesque head office, flexible working and a comprehensive wellbeing and benefits package.
Our dedicated teams operate 24 hours a day providing emotional support and alleviating distress. Our mission is to reduce the number of people who die by suicide and we pride ourselves in taking a leading role in influencing suicide prevention policy and practice.
Following a successful re-tender process, we will continue to partner with a key player in the rail industry to deliver our award-winning Suicide Prevention Program.
We are looking for a Head of Rail Programme to lead the national Samaritans and rail industry suicide prevention programme ensuring that delivery is within the timescales and budget agreed while driving innovation and effectiveness.
In return we’re offering a salary of circa £55,000, 25 days holiday, and 3 wellbeing days per annum as well as access to a competitive pension scheme.
We are keen to hear from candidates who have demonstrable experience of:
- Delivering programme effectiveness and customer satisfaction;
- Managing multi-dimensional programmes and simultaneous work streams;
- Successful stakeholder management within complex business structures;
- Effective contract and budget management;
- Leading employees across functions and developing a high-performance culture;
- Refining, innovating and improving multi-year programmes;
- Negotiation and influencing skills in relation to longer term programme planning;
- Growing programmes year on year in scale and budgetary size.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing contract and relationship management to key partners and stakeholders;
- Engaging and influencing senior stakeholders in the rail industry on the importance and impact of suicide prevention;
- Establishing team structures and capabilities that enable delivering agreed programme outputs. This will include ensuring effective communication and transfer of knowledge between Samaritans and the rail industry;
- Seeking opportunities to further the suicide prevention programme, developing new initiatives and business cases;
- Proactively horizon scanning, integrating emerging initiatives and best practice to improve the programme.
If the prospect of joining a well-respected and highly regarded national brand appeals to you please visit our website for a full job description and details how to apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.