Are you an experienced internal communications and engagement specialist, available from early September to play a key role in a series of organisational development projects over the next few months?
- Ewell, Surrey with occasional travel to Samaritans branches
- 6 months FTC, full time
- £40,000 per annum pro rata + competitive benefits
A little bit about the role…
This role will support the Assistant Director of Internal Communications and other senior Samaritans stakeholders with a range of key internal engagement projects between now and early 2021; in particular, an audit and review of our current internal communications and engagement model and the development of subsequent recommendations. The role will also partner closely with our HR team to plan and deliver staff engagement surveys and action plans.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of internal communications and engagement channels and content in large organisations with multiple audiences, as well as measurement, best practice and sector trends
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Internal Communications and Engagement and working closely with both Samaritans staff and volunteers, key responsibilities of the role will include:
● To plan and lead a comprehensive audit of Samaritans internal communications and engagement at all levels of the charity, working closely with both volunteers and staff
● To support the Assistant Director of Internal Communications and Engagement with the subsequent review of the audit findings, and work with the Assistant Director, the wider Internal Communications team and the Executive Leadership Team to develop recommendations for our future internal communications and engagement model
● To work with the Internal Communications and Engagement team to help develop an enduring channel measurement approach and regular feedback mechanisms, to enable regular reporting on the reach and effectiveness of our communications, post-review
● To develop and deliver staff engagement/pulse surveys in partnership with HR, the Assistant Director of Internal Communications & Engagement and the Executive Leadership Team
● To take the lead on delivering our ongoing staff engagement model, helping to implement and manage a new engagement tool in partnership with an external supplier.
If you're interested in finding out more about the role please read the job description here.
Samaritans is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity, and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person that they are. We actively encourage applications from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe it is preventable and that by working together we can give people the support they need before they reach crisis point. We are one of the most trusted charities in the UK and ROI, and we answer a call for help every six seconds. We have around 175 staff and more than 20,000 volunteers based across 201 branches giving emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t just hear you, we listen.
Our Central Office is located in a converted mill in Ewell, Surrey which is just over 30-minutes by train from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon. As an employer we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday, 3 well-being days, Flexible working, Health Cash Plan, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
If you would like to apply for this role please click on the Apply Now link to upload your CV and an accompanying statement, outlining your motivations for applying for the role and how you meet the stated criteria no later than 09:00am on Friday 14th August 2020.