We are looking for an Internal Communications Coordinator to join the Internal Communications & Engagement team on a 7 month fixed term contract. This is a brand new role to assist with the delivery of our internal communications and engagement strategy for Samaritans. You’ll support the production of high quality, effective and targeted communications that inform and engage both volunteers and staff.
- £27,000 pro rata plus benefits
- 7 month fixed term contract (September 2021 – 31 March 2022)
- Full time - 35 hours per week
- Home-based initially, then a mix of working from home & our office in Ewell, Surrey
- We are open to flexible working requests
The Team: Internal Communications is at the forefront of Samaritans’ strategy, responsible for ensuring our volunteers and staff are kept informed and motivated. The team is friendly, hardworking, and supportive. Key projects for the team this year include supporting our CEO and leadership team with the development of a new strategy for Samaritans, implementing recommendations from our recent review of internal communications, continuing the roll out of Workplace by Facebook, supporting our pandemic recovery, championing diversity and inclusion and leading on a programme of virtual events and engagement activities for our staff and volunteers.
The Role: This is a brilliant opportunity for someone looking to develop and grow within Internal Communications and keen to get some hands-on experience! You’ll contribute to the efficient and effective running of our team and get involved in all areas of our work, helping support charity-wide communication and engagement campaigns, projects and events – both big and small!
Key responsibilities include:
- Be the first point of contact for staff and volunteer general enquiries, including managing the team mailboxes
- Support the team with key coordination activities including responding to emails and Workplace posts
- Ensure that the teams’ existing planning, evaluation and reporting models are maintained
- Support with updates, reporting and setting up meetings & workshops
- Assist the team with delivering planned communication activities across all our channels, with a particular focus on supporting Workplace by Facebook and Sams Home (our intranet)
- Produce targeted news content for our internal channels and regular newsletters
- Collate and coordinate event materials (e.g., agendas, email invites, delegate materials or feedback surveys)
- Support the planning and delivery of specific internal communication projects/campaigns or events
- Previous experience of managing team mailboxes and query management
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- An understanding and interest in the work of an internal communications function
- Strong experience of the Microsoft Office suite including powerpoint, word and Excel
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working in a ‘virtual’ environment using video conferencing technology (Zoom and Teams)
- Previous experience within an Internal Communications team (desirable)
- Previous experience supporting Workplace by Facebook, CMS or Intranet (desirable)
- Previous experience/ involving in organising events (desirable)
Samaritans is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person that they are. We warmly welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter, outlining your motivations for applying to Samaritans and your transferable skills and experience. The closing date for applications is 01/08/2021, with first stage video interviews w/c 09/08/2021.