We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Major Donor Manager to work on our Major Donor programme at Samaritans. This role will continue to develop our Major Donor strategy, grow relationships with existing high net worth individuals and continue to build our portfolio of new supporters. You will join our Business Development team, as part of our Income department.
- Full time role (we are open to flexible working)
- £45,000 - £48,000 per annum (depending on experience) + competitive benefits
- Ewell, Surrey; with some travel and days working from home
A little about the role...
Reporting to the Assistant Director (AD) of Business Development, in this role your primary objective will be to lead the development and implementation of Samaritans’ Major Donor Fundraising Programme to raise significant levels of income to support Samaritans vision that fewer people die by suicide. We’re keen to hear from candidates who are equally passionate about our charitable purpose to reduce suicide.
- Provides line management, guidance, and support to the Philanthropy Officer, including identification of learning & development opportunities, within the framework of the annual performance review
- Strategic and operational leadership to Samaritans’ Major Donor programme – to enable step change, then continued growth and sustainability
- Manages a clear set of key performance indicators that ensures growth of the programme
- Develops yearly operational plans needed to achieve annual income targets
- Works with the AD for Business Development in setting, monitoring & reporting on annual income
- and expenditure targets, this includes forecast and pledged income
- Leads on all Major Donor acquisition, cultivation and stewardship programmes, working where required directly with Samaritans Senior Leadership Group and Income Heads of Teams
This individual will have substantial experience of Major Donor fundraising at a high level with a strong track record. You will demonstrate experience of building, developing and managing key relationships at a high level. To be successful, you will be able to present a fundraising case for support to various audiences, including face to face and in writing.
If you're interested in finding out more about the role please read the full job description below
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a cover letter outlining their motivations for applying and how they meet each of the role criteria as set out in the job description. Please complete an application form within our careers website by 01/02/2021.