Over the next five years the rail industry is coming together; to volunteer one million hours to help Samaritans achieve their vision that fewer people die by suicide.
We are hiring a self-motivated Project Management Officer to work alongside our colleagues at Network Rail to support the delivery of an exciting new charitable volunteering scheme. The successful candidate will work primarily with Network Rail’s Project Lead to establish the Project Management Office activities for the programme of work.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Creating and maintaining the appropriate structures to support the programme including:
- programme planning
- risk management
- appropriate governance
- benefits management
- Managing the logistics of steering group meetings (e.g. set up meetings, produce packs) and their delivery
- Design and ensure effective, accurate production of a scorecard to monitor programme success, including the underlying systems that gather than data
- Liaise with the web developer over technical aspects of a Million Hour Challenge website (but not the content)
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of project management
- Good IT skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of project management and time management tools. For this project Network Rail’s own bespoke project management system MSP4NR will be used
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe it is preventable and that by working together we can give people the support they need before they reach crisis point. We are one of the most trusted charities in the UK and ROI, and we answer a call for help every six seconds. We have around 175 staff and more than 20,000 volunteers based across 201 branches giving emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t just hear you, we listen.
Our Central Office is located in a converted mill in Ewell, Surrey which is just over 30-minutes by train from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon. As an employer we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday, free parking, Health Cash Plan, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
The role will be based in Ewell , but regular travel to central London and occasionally Milton Keynes will be required.
Please download and read the full job description, and application form below. Completed application forms should be emailedno later than 9am on 5th August 2019.