We are looking for a Project Manager with recent exemplary service in the Armed Forces to work in collaboration with charities, agencies and academics to continue the development and delivery of projects that help military personnel, veterans and their loved ones to better support themselves and one another as well as improve their ability to access Samaritans’ services, whether they are in the UK or stationed overseas.
- Ewell, Surrey
- 6 month FTC, full time
- £44,000 - £48,000 per annum (depending on experience) + competitive benefits
A little about the role...
Reporting into the Head of Service Delivery, this role will have ultimate responsibility for managing 3 core projects as set out below;
- The creation and delivery of face to face training for serving personnel as part of a “train the trainer” scheme working alongside Army HQ
- The implementation of an international online support service for the armed forces & families
- The development and release of a learning and planning tool to support the emotional health of those who have left or are leaving the armed forces.
In addition to the above, this role will also involve the following additional responsibilities;
- The coordination of existing Samaritans volunteers to provide outreach and support to the armed forces community
- Providing in-house expertise on the armed forces community
- Managing relationships with the armed forces community and other support providers in both the MOD, tri-service and third sector
If you're interested in finding out more about the role please read the job description as set out on our website.
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe it is preventable and that by working together we can give people the support they need before they reach crisis point. We are one of the most trusted charities in the UK and ROI, and we answer a call for help every six seconds. We have around 175 staff and more than 20,000 volunteers based across 201 branches giving emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t just hear you, we listen.
Our Central Office is located in a converted mill in Ewell, Surrey which is just over 30-minutes by train from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon. As an employer we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday, free parking, Health Cash Plan, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
Please download and read the full job description on our website. Interested candidates should submit their CV and a covering letter outlining their motivations for applying for the role no later than 9.00am on Monday 16th December 2019.
Please note that applications for this role will be reviewed as soon as they are received and we may close the role before the above end date once we have found the right candidates. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit their application as early as possible.