Samaritans are looking for a Project Officer (Reporting) to join the team on fixed term contract role, to monitor and report on the implementation of the programme to reduce suicides on the railways across the railway. You will be part of a motivated and knowledgeable team which is influencing and engaging stakeholders across the rail industry and facilitating partnership-working around suicide prevention in priority locations, supporting the work of local Samaritans branches.
Our contract with the rail industry runs until March 2020 beyond which we hope to extend our partnership.
The main duties of the Project Officer (Reporting):
- Monitor the implementation of operational aspects of the programme and provide regular status reports in a timely manner
- Collate and interrogate qualitative and quantitative data from across the rail industry to compile regular national programme performance reports
- Report on programme implementation on geographical routes as required
- Provide data on request to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide project coordination and administrative support to Samaritans rail programme team including provision of a secretariat service at key rail industry programme meetings
- Evaluate and report on the phases of the programme work stream
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe it is preventable and that by working together we can give people the support they need before they reach crisis point. We are one of the most trusted charities in the UK and ROI, and we answer a call for help every six seconds. We have around 175 staff and more than 20,000 volunteers based across 201 branches giving emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We don’t just hear you, we listen.
Our Central Office is located in a converted mill in Ewell, Surrey which is just over 30-minutes by train from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon. As an employer we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday, free parking, Health Cash Plan, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
Please download and read the full job description and application form below. Completed application forms should be emailed no later than 9am on 2nd September 2019.