We are looking for a Senior Email Marketing Officer to join Samaritans on a 12 month fixed term contract. As Senior Email Marketing Officer, you’ll ensure mass email communications with our audiences maximise engagement and retention. This is a full time role (35 hours per week), paying £35,000-£38,000 and is hybrid (linked to Surrey or London Bridge office with most of the time working from home).
You’ll take our email automation programme to the next level, enabling data-driven decision making so that our audiences receive the best possible onboarding and engagement experience. Key projects include migrating Samaritans to a new email marketing platform (Mailchimp is the existing platform), leading a consent handling project with the Data team, design and build an overarching onboarding journey for new supporters and in general, improve our processes.
This is a brilliant time to join Samaritans as we launch a new organisational strategy in April 2022. This role will play a pivotal role in improving our overall supporter experience and allow us to achieve success within our digital roadmap.
- Manage and develop an Email Marketing Assistant
- Lead a project to migrate Samaritans to a new email marketing platform
- Improve content and functionality for Samaritans’ email marketing campaigns
- Improve processes for email campaigns and journeys
- Analytics and reporting
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of email marketing techniques, processes and best practice
- Expertise managing a digital content production workflow for email
- Knowledgeable about email marketing and/or marketing automation platforms
- Understanding of data processes and regulations
- Experience of integrating systems and designing effective data workflows
- Previous line management experience (desirable)
Samaritans is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person that they are. We warmly welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
Please submit a CV by clicking 'Apply for this job' via the Samaritans careers website. Applications close on 21st January with initial video interviews w/c 31st January.