We are looking for a proactive and well-organised Social Media Assistant to join our Digital Engagement team. You will be moderating our social channels, assisting with the creation scheduling of engaging content, and helping us report on our social media activity.
This role is regularly exposed to emotionally challenging material which can be upsetting. Samaritans provide a supportive and friendly environment where your wellbeing is a priority. We support our people through our Mental Health First Aid network, independent counselling support phoneline and support from a team of qualified psychotherapists, trained to support trauma.
- Full time / Perm
- £21,000 - £24,000
- Based in Ewell (Surrey) with a mix of home working and office work
- We encourage flexible working, talk to us about your preferences
- Closely monitor Samaritans’ social media channels and provide timely and appropriate responses where necessary, using Sprout Social
- Support the coordination of digital content distribution across all digital channels
- Work with the Social Media Manager to report on agreed performance metrics across our social media channels, using a mix of tools including Sprout Social, Google Analytics, dashthis, and Microsoft Excel
Skills & Experience
- Planning, creating, editing and proof-reading digital content
- Excellent digital copywriting skills
- Good understanding of digital marketing channels and techniques, and the ability to utilise these to best effect
- Experience handling incoming enquiries through social media
- Reporting on social media, digital marketing or communications activity
- Empathy with our audiences
At Samaritans, our vision is that fewer people die by suicide. We believe that suicide is preventable and that, together, we can make change that saves lives.
Samaritans is needed now more than ever. We answer a call for help every seven seconds and need to be able to reach and connect with a diverse range of people. Whether it’s through our life-saving helpline service, innovative partnerships or impactful campaigns, we work towards our vision in many different ways and our communications need to reflect this.
Samaritans is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person they are. We warmly welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 31st October. Full job description can be found on our website.