We have a great opportunity to join the Samaritan’s Individual Giving team, in the newly created role of Supporter Engagement Lead. This role is a 6 month fixed term contract.
This year we are launching our most ambitious and exciting Christmas fundraising campaign yet – and you could play a key role in ensuring its success. We are looking for an experienced supporter engagement specialist, who can help devise and deliver best in class supporter journeys for new recruits from our Christmas acquisition and to our existing supporters who donate to the appeal.
The first three months will be focused on delivering the Christmas supporter journeys – and then in the second three months you will focus more widely on developing supporter journeys across income, including major donors.
- Implementing new supporter journeys to supporters of Samaritans’ Christmas 2020 campaign across multi-touchpoints, measuring success and evaluating learnings and future recommendations
- Designing and implementing new journeys for prospect volunteers, increasing their engagement to Samaritans and converting them to financial supporters if not already giving
- Refining and optimising welcome journeys for new and existing supporters outside of Christmas, implementing new non-financial communications that increase loyalty
- Ensuring that mid and high value supporters are stewarded appropriately, to encourage their continued and increased engagement and optimise their Lifetime Value
- Devising new supporter journey to test responsiveness of lapsed supporters
- Providing a framework / set of principles for other Income Team members to follow and improve their own journeys
- Establishing a best in class approach that can be replicated across the Income Team
- Innovating new ways of driving positive experiences at every touchpoint across our supporters’ journeys in Income
- Experience of creating, developing and implementing strategic supporter journeys
- Able to absorb supporter and data insight and apply practical recommendations
- A skilled storyteller with strong written and verbal communication skills including copywriting and proof-reading
- Experience of project management
- Experience of managing suppliers, agencies and freelancers
- Experience of using multiple databases and briefing Data and Digital teams to maximise the effectiveness of campaigns
- Experience of reporting and analysing online and offline campaigns (analysing trends, applying learnings and making recommendations)
- Knowledge of fundraising regulation, GDPR and best practice
- IT literate with strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience of budgetary control and reporting against targets (desirable)
Location and employee benefits:
You’ll be based at our friendly head office on a beautiful millpond in Ewell, Surrey. Just a 30-minute train journey from Waterloo and 15 minutes from Wimbledon. As an employer we offer a good range of benefits, including 25 days’ holiday, 3 well being days, Flexible working, Health Cash Plan, Pension and interest-free season ticket loans.
Samaritans is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity, and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person that they are. We warmly welcome applications from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
Please find the full job description and application process on our careers website
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.