We are looking for a Training Delivery Manager to join our Operations team. This role will line manage our Core Trainers and Workplace Trainers.
- £35,500-£44,500 per annum
- 35 hours per week
- We are open to flexible working
- Home-based and then 2-3 days per week in Ewell, Surrey when our office reopens in 2021
- To help manage the Learning and Development function; evaluate current practices and ensure development offered both internally and externally is high quality.
- Recruit, manage, develop, support and guide Core Trainers and Workplace Trainers.
- Ensure trainers exemplify best practice and are supporting learning initiatives in the right way.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training at Samaritans to ensure excellence in our training provision.
- Support branches to deliver basic training to external organisations.
- Lead on and deliver Learning and Development projects as determined by the business planning process and on an ad hoc basis.
- Provide thought leadership around Samaritans learning to team members, staff and volunteers.
- Contribute to the creation of the Samaritans Learning and Development Strategy.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Thorough understanding of all stages of implementing an effective learning product including:
- Learning needs analysis
- Design including research, focus groups and story boarding
- Procurement and liaison with external providers where required
- Creation of learning product incorporating needs of learners, blended approach (70/20/10)
- Piloting and evaluation of learning impact (pre- and post- event)
- Leadership experience.
- Experience of managing and developing a high performing team.
- Experience of prioritising own workload and working to deadlines with speed and accuracy.
- Excellent IT and Project Management Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy to achieve goals.
- A good knowledge of structuring blended learning programmes.
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills, with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy and work collaboratively to achieve goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Management of budgets.
- Experience of working across different locations (UK and Republic of Ireland) with dispersed teams of volunteers, staff or contractors (desirable)
- Experience as a Samaritan volunteer and Samaritans training (desirable)
- Experience of working with, or managing, volunteers - in either a paid or voluntary capacity (desirable)
Samaritans is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person that they are. We warmly welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
A full job description can be found on our careers website.
If you’re interested in applying or would just like to find out more, then we'd love to hear from you. The closing date for this role is 11/12/2020.