The Samson Centre for MS is a self-funded charity providing invaluable physiotherapy and exercise for people living with Multiple Sclerosis. Based in Guildford, we have around 170 members, all of whom have MS.
Salary £30,000 FTE per annum (part-time will be considered).
The Fundraising Manager role is exciting and varied and is key to generating income towards the ongoing operating costs of the Centre. The Fundraising Manager will lead on fundraising strategy and planning, working with the Centre Manager and Trustees.
Main features of the role include:
- writing successful bids for funding from charitable trusts and foundations and other statutory funders
- building links with businesses and local supporters
- increasing awareness of the charity and its services
- coordinating volunteers for fundraising events as and when required
- leading on social media presence for the Centre
Requirements for the role:
- demonstrable experience of generating income and meeting targets
- a minimum of 2 years experience of writing compelling grant making trust applications. Experience of liaising with corporates to secure funding is also required
- must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be confident at presenting to audiences. Experience of building strong local networks is important, as is the ability to work independently
- ideally based locally and must have the use of a car
Deadline for applications 14 Feb 2020.