SANEline Support Officer
Are you compassionate, warm and friendly with the skills to make a difference to people affected by mental illness? We would love to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity within our growing service for a Support Officer to deliver emotional support through calls, emails and other means (e.g. via text, online, support forum) to people affected by mental illness and to work alongside and mentor our skilled volunteers.
Position: SANEline Support Officer
Location: London, Office based (and in the short-term home based to comply with social distancing)
Salary: £23k to £25k per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week including frequent evening and weekend work to cover a 365 day service open until 10.30pm daily
Duration: Initial one-year contract, subject to six months’ probationary period
Benefits: Employer contribution pension scheme, 31 days’ holiday including bank holidays. Office is in easy walking distance of tube and overland stations.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 1st June 2021 at 9 a.m.
How to Apply: Complete the attached application form
Support Officer responsibilities include:
- Delivering support through calls, emails and texts to anyone affected by mental illness
- Creating a safe and supportive team environment with volunteers
- Debriefing volunteers on their work with callers
- Working as part of a team to build understanding and use your knowledge and experience to ensure our callers are effectively supported
As a Support Officer, you will have experience of:
- Working to support people with a range of mental health related needs
- Working in a service with volunteers at the heart of delivery where you have supported volunteers to deliver a high-quality service
- Providing high-quality written and verbal support to people asking for help
- Be a compassionate, empathetic person who has a friendly and warm nature
- Be able to work with distressing and challenging content, support callers with complex needs and ensure self-care
- Have good general knowledge of the mental health system, access, treatment and common relevant legislation and awareness of available support structures for people with mental illnesses and carers
About the Organisation
SANE is a UK-wide mental health charity working to improve the quality of life of anyone affected by mental illness.
We aim to raise awareness and understanding of all mental health conditions; fight to improve frontline mental health services for individuals and carers; provide support, information and guidance through our helpline, email and text support and Online Forum; and promote and host research into causes, treatments and therapies.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Complex Needs, Mental Health, Mental Health Support, Mental Health Support Worker, Mental Health Service, Recovery, Social Services, Housing and Health, Social Care, Care and Support, Outreach, Crisis, Refuge, Services Manager, Helpline, Emergency Helpline, Advice, Adviser, Psychiatric Nurse, Family Support, Carers’ Services
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.