Saracens Foundation works in the surrounding areas of Hertfordshire and North London delivering approximately 30 different projects on various areas of social needs. A Fundraising Executive position has become available within our team. The Fundraising Executive will be a key role for the charity, helping to manage the Foundation’s Challenge Events calendar whilst taking ownership of writing bids for small grants, as well as the management of individual fundraisers.
The post holder will be a team player with exemplary writing and presentation skills coupled with a strong work ethic to help deliver the Foundation’s five-year strategy.
Previous experience of working within a fundraising environment is preferable, along with a keen enthusiasm to develop skills in this area as well as an understanding of the sport for change landscape. Candidates would need to demonstrate their ability to communicate with audiences effectively, as well as engaging and building strategic relationships with stakeholders.
Key responsibilities to include but not be limited to:
- Take ownership of any current external challenge event calendar.
- Responsible for all aspects of current challenge events including organising places, recruitment of fundraisers and all communication with fundraisers.
- Responsible for growing the current challenge event calendar and income stream.
- Work with project officers to incorporate in programme challenge events where relevant.
- Manage any individuals who are fundraising for the charity with a view to growing this as an income stream.
- Coordinate events for regular donors.
- Oversee the journey for small individual donors with a view to convert them into regular givers.
- Collect information and write project reports and donor updates to support excellent stewardship.
- Support the team with prospect research including creating research profiles for trusts, grants and corporates.
- Manage the grants database.
- Support on all future grant writing bids.
- Learn the bid writing process with a view to take ownership of the smaller grant bids.
- Support the wider fundraising team
What we are looking for:
- Relevant knowledge of fundraising or the charitable sector
- Keen interest to work in the sport for change landscape
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- MS Office proficiency
- Strong organisation and planning ability
- The ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- A team player with a good sense of humour
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ability to ballot for match tickets for games played at home
The role is full time (37.5 hours) with a mix of working out of StoneX Stadium and some home-based working.
The cover letter must address the following question 'Why do you want to work for the Saracens Foundation? (500 words minimum). The cover letter should also incorporate suitability to the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.