SarcoidosisUK is a successful small, high-growth charity that is looking for someone to lead its marketing and fundraising functions. We’ve been growing at between 30 and 50% a year for the last five years and need someone to help continue our growth.
Sarcoidosis is a rare disease. That means we have a small but passionate audience who care deeply about the work we do. Your role is to build relationships with people, either personally or through smart systems and strategies, with the aim of converting a one-off fundraiser into a regular fundraiser, converting a single donation to us being a “favourite charity”. It is about taking each interaction someone has with us and using it to build that relationship that makes us special to them.
Sarcoidosis’s rarity means it has been ignored; however, it impacts around 1 million people worldwide, so a cure is desperately needed. The disease predominately impacts the lungs but can also affect the nerves, skin, heart and joints. For 30% it becomes chronic. Patients with sarcoidosis in two or more organs have a 40% mortality rate.
Currently there isn’t even a treatment – doctors can solely provide medicine for the symptoms. They can do nothing to stop the disease. We’re here to change that by funding ground-breaking research subject to successful marketing and fundraising.
Each piece of research gets us closer to a cure. We’re going to keep going until we have a cure for everyone. Until then we provide support and information to those affected.
This is an eclectic role that suits someone who enjoys the challenge of multiple projects, of a wide variety, and of rising to the opportunity of learning new skills to achieve their goals.
Responsible for all aspects of our marketing for fundraising. You will be directly responsible for all marketing efforts and will be measured against funds brought in.
- Part of a small team of three people (two full time (including yourself), one part time). This means you can enjoy seeing the direct impact of your work and will have a varied and interesting role. We anticipate hiring a third full time person, focused on operations, in the latter part of 2020.
- Working from the charity’s office at: China Works, 100 Black Prince Road, SE1 7SJ. Between Vauxhall & Waterloo.
- Our main marketing outlets are direct marketing, email newsletters, the website and responding to inbound fundraising inquiries (emails, phone calls & letters). We are also looking for creative marketing fundraising ideas.
- Your role would include managing:
- Fundraising direct marketing and e-campaigns to all donors.
- Monthly membership letters.
- Campaigns to clinicians.
- Our $100,000 google AdWords account - writing all adverts, managing keyword campaigns and measuring output.
- Managing our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- Event/ Fundraiser Event support – identifying and managing event places, providing assistance for volunteer fundraisers, creating custom named t-shirts, creating and sending out fundraising packs.
- Managing our online shop.
- Building relationships with those affected and major donors (via direct marketing, online and phone).
- Identifying, applying to, and managing relationships with grant giving organisations.
- Managing and writing the fundraising pages of the website.
- Managing our database of donors and contacts.
- Writing and distributing press releases.
- Collating monthly statistics, creating a presentation and presenting to the board of trustees.
- You will be participating in trustee meetings and therefore have a high-level understanding of the charity. You will have the opportunity to participate in the conversation to present your views & opinions on almost all aspects of running the charity.
It is important to us that the successful candidate is:
- Extremely comfortable with IT. We leverage technology to be more effective. You should be happy to try new technological solutions. We expect you to be already familiar with MS Windows and MS Office.
- Able to build rapport and relationships with people quickly over email and phone.
- A self-starter and effective problem solver.
- Very strong written English.
You do not need to have any specific fundraising or charity experience. You are not expected to have any knowledge of Sarcoidosis.
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress
Start Date: February 2020
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £23,000 to £26,000. With a bonus scheme worth up to 20% of salary.
To Apply: Send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] explaining why you would like to work for SarcoidosisUK. The closing date for this role is 27th January.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.