This is an exciting opportunity to join our highly motivated and supportive team as a Operations Assistant.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual to provide administrative support across a breadth of key functions, from the day-to-day running of the office, governance administration and executive support to the Senior Management Team.
This role is at the heart of the charity and is perfect for someone who wants to develop an operational career in the not-for-profit sector.
- Flexible working
- Up to 5% matched contribution to Sarcoma UK pension scheme
- Sarcoma UK life insurance scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement per annum plus bank holidays, the working days between Christmas and New Year and your Birthday
- Interest-free season ticket and bicycle loan
To support the day-to-day running of the office helping to ensure that everything runs smoothly and work alongside the Chief Executive to provide proactive governance and administrative support to Sarcoma UK’s Board of Trustees and Senior Management Team.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Office Administration
- Oversee the general maintenance of the office ensuring communal areas and kitchen are tidy and that photocopiers, printers and other communal use machinery is kept in good working order.
- Monitor and respond to office and kitchen supply requests, procuring office and kitchen supplies. Ensuring that we get best value for our purchases and that any facilities contracts are appropriately negotiated.
- Manage the relationship with our office providers, JDRF ensuring processes are in place and issues are dealt with on a timely basis.
- Be the first point of contact for all enquiries to our telephone switchboard and [email protected] mailbox, responding in a timely manner to all enquiries and delegating across the team where relevant.
- Manage the daily postal system including opening post, recording on the finance spreadsheet and Raiser’s Edge Database.
- Managing deliveries to the office and organising couriers.
- Keep all office filing systems up to date (both hardcopy and soft copy) including archiving old materials.
- Organise travel and accommodation bookings across the whole charity including fundraising events.
- Make any bookings and arrangements for the team that involve financial transactions, for example booking travel, conferences, training courses, flowers for supporters and event purchases.
- Provide meeting room management, including arranging catering for larger meetings.
- Manage Sarcoma UK storage, ensuring it is fit for purpose.
- Carry out ad hoc administrative tasks for other departments when requested e.g. fundraising and information send outs during busy periods or absence.
2. Governance Administration
- Lead on the organisation of Board meetings and Sub-committee meetings.
- Act as first point of contact for Board of Trustees on organisational matters, communicating information on behalf of the Chief Executive.
- Undertake appropriate post-meeting action to ensure implementation of decisions arising from meetings and ensure an appropriate plan for the work.
- Maintain and update Board member records, including collating declarations of interest and updating register of interest, provide details to the Director of Finance & Resources for registering and removing board members from Companies House and Charity Commission.
3. Executive Support to Senior Management Team
- Organise meetings including booking rooms, preparation of agenda and taking minutes.
- Provide support for internal and external meetings including booking rooms, meeting guests, and preparing refreshments.
- Organise travel, meetings and staff attendance at events including the British Sarcoma Group conference.
- Assist with projects on behalf of and under the direction of the Senior Management Team.
- Send acknowledgements and thank you letters for offline donations, on behalf of the Chief Executive. Recording all correspondence on Raiser’s Edge and filling copies.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Executive as required.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.