Patient Involvement Co-ordinator
Sarcoma UK exists to support everyone affected by sarcoma. This role will enable and ensure the voice of the sarcoma community guides the strategic objectives of the charity and is represented throughout the organisation’s work.
The Patient Involvement Co-ordinator will manage a dynamic patient involvement programme that puts people affected by sarcoma at the centre of our work. The role reports directly to the Director of Research, Policy and Support and will work with all teams across the organisation, as well as externally with people with sarcoma and their support networks.
To enable the voice of people affected by sarcoma to shape the work of Sarcoma UK. The Patient Involvement Co-ordinator will administer, support and develop Sarcoma UK’s patient involvement programme to help us deliver our organisation strategy and maximise the impact of our work on the lives of people affected by sarcoma.
- Flexible working options including hybrid working.
- Pension with 5% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday entitlement per annum plus bank holidays and the working days between Christmas and New Year
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Volunteering day per year
- Enhanced sick, maternity and adoption pay.
- Sarcoma UK Life Insurance Scheme
- Interest-free season ticket and bicycle loan
- Health and wellbeing:
- Wellbeing Group
- Health Cash Plan
- Therapy Sessions
- Pioneering we are leading the way to a better future for the sarcoma community.
- Together we are creating a community to make a difference for all those affected by sarcoma.
- Expert we use our expertise in understanding sarcoma to deliver better outcomes.
Duties and key responsibilities
Sarcoma UK’s patient involvement programme
- To manage and develop effective patient involvement processes across all areas of the organisation.
- To maintain a database of those with a direct personal connection to sarcoma who want to be involved in the work of the charity.
- To work with colleagues from across the charity to create and facilitate involvement opportunities and ensure these are inclusive and accessible for everyone affected by sarcoma.
- To evaluate involvement opportunities, reflecting on learnings and capturing and communicating outputs and impact.
Working with people affected by sarcoma.
- To grow the Patient Involvement Network and ensure that this dedicated group of supporters remain engaged with the charity.
- To support engaging communications about opportunities within Sarcoma UK, working with the communications team.
- To be the main point of contact for the members of the Patient Involvement Network.
- To support new projects from across the organisation which involve people affected by sarcoma.
- To attend Sarcoma UK events and take part in Sarcoma UK’s wider work.
- To travel occasionally to meetings and events. Occasional weekend or evening work may also be required and time off in lieu will be given.
- To undertake other appropriate duties as necessary for the efficient operation of Sarcoma UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.