The Policy and Public Affairs Intern is a great new opportunity at Sarcoma UK. The successful applicant will work closely with the Policy and Public Affairs Manager on the delivery of our Public Affairs Strategy to bring change for all people affected by sarcoma.
The post holder will support the work of the Policy and Public Affairs team, and organise a Parliamentary Event to raise awareness of sarcoma. It is an ideal role for someone who wants to gain experience working in a charity, expand their knowledge and expertise of public affairs in a role that can make a real impact for people affected by sarcoma and their families.
Affecting change for those affected by sarcoma is at the heart of our charitable objectives. Thanks to the amazing generosity and support of the sarcoma community, Sarcoma UK’s profile and influence has grown significantly in the past nine years. This has enabled us to develop our Policy and Public Affairs activity.
Salary: £10.55 per hour (London Living Wage)
Duration: 6-week Internship (start date around 23 - 30 September 2019)
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Office based; Old Street, London N1
Reports to: Policy and Public Affairs Manager
To work as part of the Sarcoma UK Team, by the end of the internship you will have:
- Knowledge of Health Policy and the Cancer landscape
- Understand the challenges faced by patients with sarcoma
- Support the Policy and Public Affairs function of the Charity
- Organised a Parliamentary Event to raise awareness
- Experience of working in a charity
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- To maintain positive relationships with key Sarcoma UK stakeholders including sarcoma patients, family members/carers and support group leaders.
- To support the activity of the Policy and Public Affairs Team.
- Attend Sarcoma UK events and take part in Sarcoma UK’s wider work.
- The post holder will be working in a developing environment and he/she will therefore be required to undertake other appropriate duties as necessary for the efficient operation of Sarcoma UK.
- The role will require occasional travel to meeting and events. Occasional weekend or evening work may also be required and time off in lieu will be given.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.